Your Winter Garden home HVAC system can be very confusing to understand. Taking care of an AC unit can be more work than it appears. So here are some do’s and don’ts for your Winter Garden home HVAC.
Your home HVAC unit can be complicated. I mean, what does HVAC even mean?
HVAC stands for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. It encompasses the entire cooling and heating system for your home, or office.
- Clean Your Air Filter – Make sure you clean or replace your air filters regularly. If you don’t, the air quality to your home will be harmful to yourself and your family. This could also have adverse effects on your system.
- Have Routine Maintenance – It’s best to make sure that you continue to have your Winter Garden home HVAC system checked routinely. Here at 4 Seasons, we recommend your system getting tested at least twice a year.
- Set Your Thermostat – Your thermostat could make or break the bank and your Winter Garden home HVAC system. You want to make sure that you have it set to the right temperature and you can do that by pre-programing it.
- Don’t Perform HVAC Repair without a Tech – You wouldn’t perform your own root canal, you’d let a dentist do that; so why perform your own HVAC services if you aren’t a technician? It’s best to let your professionals take a look.
- Don’t Block Air Vents – You’d be surprised how often this happens. Make sure you don’t have furniture or rugs in the way of your air vents. Otherwise, your system will not get the air flow it needs to run properly.
- Don’t Close Vents to Unused Rooms – If you did do this, it could lead to issues with your HVAC unit’s air flow, as well as humidity issues in the room, which can also lead to mold.
Follow these do’s and don’ts for your Winter Garden Home HVAC to enable a comfortable home. And remember, we are your Winter Garden home HVAC professionals. If you need your AC checked, give us a call today.